Tuesday, May 18, 2010

#@: Maclaren Triumph Stroller Coffee and Silver



This is a fantastic lightweight travel stroller. The best part is my 15 month old son loves it too. Because it's a lightweight stroller it doesn't do everything but it packs a lot of function into it's 11.5 lbs.



My favorite features:

1. It's very easy to fold -- I can fold it and throw it over my shoulder with one hand while holding my son in my other arm. Amazing to be able to do if you have a baby that needs to be held. It's just as easy to unfold as to fold. The whole process can be done easily with one hand.



2. It's very lightweight -- Once I have it over my shoulder the stroller is very easy to carry. Because it's so lightweight so it's comfortable to carry for a while and easy to walk around with it on my shoulder. This is also why I chose the Triumph over the Quest -- I found the Quest to be noticeably heavier than the Triumph and as a result a bit less comfortable to carry.



3. It handles well for a small stroller -- I use the stroller mostly over uneven brick sidewalks and it does very well over those sidewalks considering what a small, lightweight stroller it is. It doesn't do nearly as well as my larger primary stroller that has air filled tires but still does very well. I've used other strollers that are very frustrating to use over uneven surfaces and the Maclaren does not fall into that category.



4. The recline -- I really wanted my lightweight stroller to recline. I find this to be very useful if we happen to be out a little later than expected. There isn't much of a recline but enough to keep a sleepy little one comfortable. I think it's worth getting the Triumph over the Volo for the recline. You likely won't use it much but it's really nice to have for those times when you need it.



5. It's very sturdy -- I've only had mine for a few months but in those months it's taken a beating and held up very well. It still looks like new. The construction and parts are very durable and I can already tell this stroller is going to last a very long time.



6. My son loves it -- I don't know if it's him or the stroller but he loves being pushed in it.



The only negative I can think of is that the sun shade doesn't really do a whole lot so that on a very sunny day you'll need a hat or sunglasses in addition to the sun shade. This is very typical of every umbrella stroller I've seen, though.



For what it's worth, I found the Triumph and the Uppa Baby G-Luxe to be almost identical when I test drove the two strollers. I went with the Triumph because the fabrics seemed a bit nicer on the Maclaren and the Maclaren seemed a bit sturdier but it was almost a coin flip.



Also, you can't tell from the picture here but there's a white and brown pattern on the back of the sun shade so it's not solid brown all over unless you remove the sunshade but the pattern is very attractive. And it comes with a rain shield that works very well.
(1 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=5.0 / 5.0

More Detail For Maclaren Triumph Stroller Coffee and Silver


  • This Item is not affect by the recent Recall
  • Foot-operated linked parking brakes
  • Height adjustable shoulder harness
  • High performance aluminum frame
  • Multiple seating positions

No comments:

Post a Comment